Hambleton Steel Ltd (HSL) considers that the health, safety and welfare of its employees and all others who may be affected by its businesses and activities are of paramount importance.
Hambleton Steel LtdCommitment to Health and Safety
To strengthen this commitment HSL are working towards the new standard ISO 45001 (previously OHSAS 18001) as part of its Integrated Management System for safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ).
Therefore HSL are committed to:
- To the prevention of injury and ill health to those persons
- Ensuring by education and training that personnel are aware and supportive of our policies and procedures
- Compliance with all relevant legislation and cooperating fully with all enforcement authorities and interested parties
- Meeting the requirements to which we subscribe relating to our occupational health and safety hazards
- Identifying objectives and reviewing them to improve our overall occupational health and safety performance
- Continual improvement of our management system and occupational health and safety performance
- Appointing competent internal and independent authorities to perform regular audits, assessments and monitoring of the management system and to report upon the general performance at annual management reviews
- Ensuring that suitable resources are available to ensure that the policies are effectively implemented, maintained and improved
To achieve this HSL will make provision of:
- Safe systems of work, safe premises, plant and equipment
- Safe means of transporting and handling articles, substances and people
- Comprehensive training, instruction, information and supervision
- A safe place of work with safe access and egress
- A safe and healthy working environment
- Suitable and adequate welfare facilities
- Regular consultation with employees and other interested parties
- Actively promote a working culture that leads to the provision of a safe working environment
- Ensure that all employees understand that safety is EVERYONE'S responsibility and that the successful implementation of this policy relies on the ongoing vigilance, assistance and co-operation of all employees
- Take all practical steps to ensure that potential hazards and risks are identified and that suitable and effective preventive and control measures are implemented, monitored and regularly reviewed
- Communicate this policy to all employees and persons acting on our behalf of the company to ensure they are aware of our commitments and also their own occupational health and safety obligations
- Periodically review this policy to ensure its continued relevance and appropriateness.
All sub contractors and those who are acting on our behalf, will be expected to cooperate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own business activities, so far as reasonably practicable, are carried out without risks to themselves and others.
This includes cooperating with all levels of management on matters of health, safety and welfare.