Hambleton Steel Ltd (HSL) has taken positive measures to minimise so far as is reasonable practicable, the adverse effect that its operations may have on the environment.
In order to achieve this HSL has committed to implementing an environmental management system.
Environmental PolicyJanuary 2018
HSL is committed to:
Wherever practicable to select products and raw materials from suppliers who are formally committed to positive environmental management.
- Ensuring by education and training that all company personnel are aware and supportive of our policies and procedures.
- Compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and cooperating fully with all enforcement authorities and interested parties.
- Meeting the requirements to which we subscribe.
- Identifying objectives and targets to improve our environmental performance.
- Preventing pollution and any negative environmental impact from our business activities.
- Continual improvement of our management system and environmental performance.
- Sourcing green energy wherever possible and ensuring that energy and fuel is managed to assure that only the necessary amounts are used to fulfil our business activities.
- Publishing a Waste Management Policy
- Appointing competent internal and independent authorities to perform regular audits, assessments and monitoring of the Environmental management system and to report upon the general performance at annual management reviews.
- Ensuring that suitable resources are available to ensure that the policies are effectively implemented, maintained and improved.
All business activities will be carried out in accordance with best practice and in accordance with the relevant statutory provisions with all reasonably practicable measures being taken to avoid risk the environment.
All sub contractors and those who are acting on our behalf, will be expected to cooperate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own business activities, so far as reasonably practicable, are carried out without risks to the environment.
This includes cooperating with all management levels.
This Policy will be communicated to all employees and persons acting on our behalf of the company to ensure they are aware of our commitments and apply them to their own work ethic.
The Managing Director acknowledges that he is ultimately responsible for all environmental matters.
The operation and effectiveness of this policy will be monitored and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure its continued suitability and effectiveness.